Job@iZAP: Chef Developer (iZAPCHEF001) in Ludhiana
Job Code: iZAPCHEF001
- Create/Customize cookbooks, recipes as per the requirements.
- Creating/configuring Roles/Runlists and deploy cookbooks based on it.
- Should be able to deploy key concepts in chef and apply them as needed.
- System automation & Configuration management with Chef.
- Design, Automate, Setup and Maintain Scalable Infrastructure using Chef.
- Design auto scaling, auto failover and infrastructure setup for systems by use of wrappers and recipes.
- Chef based Infrastructure Monitoring.
- Automate and manage infrastructure Application deployments using Opscode Chef
- Must be Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Ability to design code and test web-based applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting chef’s installation/configuration of various platform components.
- Develop cookbooks, recipes and roles for automation\testing and roll out.
- Ability to create packages for various platforms components including JBOSS, Apache, Linux, Tomcat, MySQL, Postgress and Cassandra.
- Sound Knowledge in Ruby
- Familiarity with the run book automation approach.
- Amenable to work in night shift.
- Proactive attitude
- Consistent academic record
- Should be a self starter and must be willing to work on complicated tasks.
- Good written and oral communication.
- A quick learner.
- Should be able to accept change in a dynamic environment and be able to adjust priorities.
- Should be able to think outside the box, pragmatic.
- Should be able to voice and effectively communicate opinions, great listeners.
- Should be detail oriented and multitasking.
What’s in it for you
- An opportunity to join a growing technology solutions firm.
- A very progressive and entrepreneurial environment.